A Peep Into the Future Tech Innovations at CES 2017
Consumer Electronics Show (CES), held every yr in January in Las Vegas, is the most efficient digital convention held yearly for showcasing high-quality technological advancements inside the purchaser electronics enterprise. This 12 months, the 4-day occasion held from January 5 via January 8, 2017, marked its 50th anniversary with 3,886 exhibitors displaying off myriad innovative tech trends and avant-garde gadgets to power the future of generation globally.
It is going with out announcing that Amazon’s Artificial Intelligence voice assistant ‘Alexa’ has been the famous person of the display as numerous Alexa-enabled subsequent-technology devices together with voice-managed smart-home gadgets, cars, and robots were displayed at the event. Alexa, which has outperformed Google Assistant and Siri, can be programmed to carry out multiple capabilities consisting of starting your automobile, locking doorways, adjusting thermostats, controlling lighting, and finding locations.
Now allow’s throw mild on the futuristic improvements witnessed at CES 2017 on the way to have a first-rate impact inside the coming years.
1. Tech improvements in Smartphones: Qualcomm unveiled its ultra-modern processor named Snapdragon 835 for revolutionizing cellular generation. Snapdragon 835 pursuits to carry High Dynamic Range to smartphones except facilitating higher digital enjoy via improving sight and sound for cellular Virtual Reality. The new processor may also enable smartphones to provide high-resolution images even in terrible lighting conditions. It may also facilitate quicker connection by paving the manner closer to the 5G network. Moreover, the chip also ensures longer battery lifestyles because it consumes 50% less strength than Snapdragon 801. Additionally, biometric sensors embedded in the 835 promises better protection to telephone customers.
The world’s first phone with molecular-sensors “H2” was also unveiled at CES. This 6-inch Android telephone can experiment with any item to offer you instantaneous remarks on its chemical composition, be it food items or medicines.
2. A Glimpse Into the 5G future: Qualcomm confirmed its technology’s diverse approaches to empower the 5G destiny. At CES, the CEO of Qualcomm, Stephen Mollenkopf, asserted that 5g might be a floor-breaking community to help a big selection of gadgets with first-rate pace and scale. Moreover, it’ll have a large impact on the global economic system.
At the convention, American era organization Intel launched its 5G Modem that can supply 5G in both mmWave spectrum and 6GHz bands. Intel also unveiled its new car 5G platform named Intel Go to assist automatic riding.
3. Cloud-Based Innovations: CES 2017 additionally witnessed numerous cloud-based totally bulletins. Nvidia grabbed the eye of PC game enthusiasts by launching its cloud application ‘GeForce Now’ for PC and Mac that will allow game enthusiasts to transform their PC into an advanced gaming rig to stream and play today’s video games of their preference.
Besides this, global’s first cloud-based keyboard, ‘the 5Q,’, also made its debut at the event. This keyboard’s unique characteristic is that it’ll be related to the cloud and show color-coded email notifications, sports updates, and inventory quotes at the keys of the keyboard.
4. Artificial Intelligence (AI) Stole the Show: AI surely took center degree for the duration of CES 2017. AI has been featured as an essential part of nearly the whole lot- from clever denim that shows guidelines and clever pet collars to experience your puppy’s feelings, to smart gloves for stroke victims and clever vehicles. These automated brains empower human beings to copy digital worlds besides endowing computer systems with the intelligence to comprehend the actual global.
· AI-powered Cars: Automobile corporations specialize in AI-powered vehicles because the day isn’t always far when customers seek self-using cars. Smart automobile manufacturers will soon give you AI-powered cars that can generate their own feelings because quickly, clients will opt for vehicles with which they can set up the first-class emotional courting. CES 2017 noticed the release of many AI-powered emotional vehicles consisting of Honda’s NeuV that features HANA (Honda’s Automated Network Assistant) to customize the driver’s experience. HANA’s face popularity generation and coronary heart-fee display assist the in apprehending your happy and melancholic moods. It can also recommend tune primarily based on your mood except remembering your favorite places along with cafe’s, parks, etc.
Toyota also launched its futuristic automobile, the “Concept-I,” powered with the aid of AI technology, which can recognize the need for the driver and passengers. Likewise, Nvidia brought its self-riding automobile machine named Drive PX designed to comprehend the driver’s mood, the auto’s environment, and parent out what goes on within the car’s indoors.
· AI-powered Health-tech Devices: To comprise superior generation and new-age thinking to the exercising ordinary fitness freaks, health era groups unveiled a range of sophisticated health wearable gadgets on the CES. For instance, Bolt, a Mumbai-primarily based health tech business enterprise, unveiled AI-packed fitness trackers, clever footwear embedded with stride sensor, and a virtual health assistant named “B” users with real-time comments and voice coaching on fitness and health.
The display additionally displayed digestive trackers to assist customers in deciding the sort of weight-reduction plan that is right for their frame and a smart hairbrush embedded with sensors that may come across how you brush your hair so that it could train you to properly brush your hair via sending information for your linked phone.
The world’s first smart toothbrush Kolibree Ara also became released at the display. It functions deep system getting to know algorithms to apprehend and offer feedback about your brushing habits even supposing it isn’t connected to your smartphone. What’s extra, CES 2017 also noticed the launch of Sleep Number 360 bed, designed to save you snoring.
5. Humanoid Robots: CES 2017 also delivered the arena to the mind-blowing competencies of human-like robots. At the occasion, LG unveiled 3 robots- to mow your garden, to attend to your day by day chores, and to welcome you to the airport. Besides this, pretty some academic robots have also been displayed at the occasion for children. Additionally, there were loads of humanoid robots designed for making your espresso, folding garments, pouring candy, singing lullabies to your children, and taking photos of your pet whilst you are away. World’s first robotic suitcase, Cowarobot, also stole the limelight as this four-wheel suitcase with a laser and a digital camera can observe its owner like a domestic dog.
So those are some of the futuristic tendencies witnessed at the CES 2017. During these 12 months, the CES targeted, particularly on digital interactivity. This is evident from the truth that most exhibitors at the show have been trying to leverage the concept of interactivity for financial advantage.